Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Scriptaculous JScript Library

I hope I wont have a lot more of this kind of posts, but I found yet another cool client-side library and I thought it's worth blog about ;)

Scriptaculous is a cross-browser JavaScript library that enables you to really elevate the richness of your UI.

For example, all I need to do in order to make a certain div (or any other html element for that matter) have a phasing effect, I'll simple add the following line of code to the (client-side) onLoad event:


new Effect.Pulsate('theIdOfMyDivElement',{delay:3})


Or maybe you'd like to add a Switching effect to one element when another is clicked?
Here:


<div onclick="new Effect.SwitchOff('otherDivId')">
Click here for otherDivId to switch off!
</div>


Other features available are drag N drop, alert, stretching animation and many more.

Since Blogger is quite difficult when it comes to running jscript code, here's a link to the Scriptaculous demo page

Although most of the library is for creating UI effects, there are more to it, like an Ajax control kit, and DOM utilities - all of which are achieved with minimum scripting.

No comments: